Thursday, February 14, 2008

Assignment 1 (after digitalised)

The finalised digitalised copies!! Presentation in class was interesting because you get to review everyone's (well almost) work and everyone gets to review your work.

Introducing "hate"




I changed the "white holes" into bullet holes because one of my friends reflected that the white holes look out of place. Bullet holes would better reflect my "hatred" towards these juicy stuffs, I hope.

Most of the work was done using Adobe Illustrator. Traced the letters using manual trace, which was alot of work. "L" and the curves on "e" were doneusing the lines and shapes in Illustrator. Live Paint was then applied and gradient came in last.


Comments:
- To draw worms crawling out of the holes
- To draw juice spurging out of the holes

I had decided to leave the holes as bullet holes because drawing worms would confuse the "hatred". A few friends commented that people might mistook it "I hate worms crawling out of tomatoes" instead of I hate tomatoes.

And this is love..

Similarly, much of the work for this piece was done in Adobe Illustrator using the lines and shapes.

Comments:

- Name can be seen clearly

- Sweet and neat piece

2 comments:

Alfred Low said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alfred Low said...

Eileen,

Is there a way to create more realistic images? I ask as this could zest up your artwork.